The Fund for Global Human Rights
About the Fund:
The Fund for Global Human Rights supports courageous activists in over 25 countries around the world. By investing in those on the frontlines of human rights struggles, we help build stronger, more resilient movements that can take on abusive actors—and win. We envision a world where all people live with dignity and can secure their rights.
To help local human rights groups achieve their goals, the Fund provides financial support to sustain them, technical assistance to build their skills, and emergency grants to keep them safe when their security is threatened. We organize convenings where human rights defenders exchange knowledge and brainstorm solutions to common challenges faced across regions. And we create space for activists in international fora by facilitating media interviews, enabling their participation in key summits, and promoting their voices with our community of supporters.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Technology Officer assists with the daily management and oversight of all elements of the Fund’s IT infrastructure and initiatives. Primary responsibilities include Helpdesk management, network/infrastructure/systems management, project management, and departmental administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary technical lead for Microsoft Azure AD, Intune MDM + MAM, and Office 365.
- Implement and monitor security best practices on the windows infrastructure to comply with industry standard frameworks and policies.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions on areas for improvement
- Troubleshoot cloud, network, and infrastructure related problems.
- Act as primary liaison with external managed service provider to ensure helpdesk ticketing system is working efficiently and meeting the needs of the organization
- Assist with the development of plans for technology and cybersecurity user training in partnership with the Director of IT
- Provide immediate support to the Director of IT, working on special projects as assigned
- Act as first point of contact for all helpdesk requests not directed to MSP and perform on-site/remote support as needed
- Maintain the department’s equipment and software inventory
- Create and maintain systems documentation and user guides
- Install, maintain, repair and replace IT hardware and software
- Manage the technology orientation process of new employees
- Manage IT setup in new offices or when expanding existing offices
- Provide support to the Communications Team infrastructure by acting as technical resource/additional administrator on WordPress website, Engaging Networks CRM, and Salesforce platforms
- Maintain current knowledge of latest technology and cybersecurity trends
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned
Required Skills and Competencies: a.k.a., the ‘Must-Haves’
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, IT/Engineering, or other relevant field required with at least five years of experience
- Experience in Windows 10 and macOS environments.
- Extensive Experience with Cloud solutions: Microsoft Azure AD, Intune MDM + MAM, and EM+S.
- Experience with workstation imaging and deployment, Apple iOS, Remote Access, Remote Desktop, VPN.
- Knowledge of Virtualization (Hyper V, VMware, Xen), Cisco IOS, Firewalls, and Routers.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required
- Ability to self-direct, manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to service-oriented excellence
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Capable of presenting ideas in user-friendly language to a non-technical audience
- Superior tactical, analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Interest in Human Rights and Internet Freedom
Bonus Skills and Competencies: a.k.a., the ‘Pluses’
- Knowledge in additional third-party application, specifically QuickBooks, Xero, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Salesforce, Slack, GIFTS Alta, Google Analytics
- Knowledge in Linux servers administration.
- Experience in Microsoft SharePoint.
- Certifications like MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CISSP, Hyper V are a plus.
- Experience working with NGOs.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
How to Apply: Visit https://globalhumanrights.bamboohr.com/jobs/
The Fund for Global Human Rights encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply; we especially encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ applicants. As a human rights organization, cultural competency and sensitivity are requirements for all staff positions at the Fund.
We do our best to ensure that qualifications are aligned with position needs but if you are unsure about whether to apply, please do so anyway! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need accommodations or special assistance to complete the application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Earliest anticipated start date is February 2018.
The Fund for Global Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel selection decisions are based on relevant knowledge, skills, and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, in accordance with U.S. federal and state law.